|Please stop by and check out my YouTube channel. I only have 3 fractal slideshows at present!|
How to make a pure UF gradient from a chartHere is a very simple way to make a gradient that is pure from a chart or a picture that you particularly like the colours of.How to make a pure UF gradient from a chart by AnnaKirsten
The advantage of doing it this way is that you don't get loads and loads of nodes that aren't necessarily needed, and the colours you pick will be cleaner looking.
1. Download and save the image or chart into your Ultra Fractal Image folder; (you will find this inside your documents and ultra Fractal folder.);
2. then make a new fractal using Pixel formula and the Image.ucl on the outside tab (both in Standard);
3. Open the little folder icon in Image and choose the chart you have just saved into there. Centre it and make the image dimension 640x640px - or whatever dimensions are appropriate to accommodate the whole image;
4. Open the Gradient window and press F8. Here you have options to choose as many or as few nodes as you wish. Between 5 and 8 nodes are most workable.
5. click the box that says Space Evenly. (This can be
Ultra Fractal Tutorial: Create a New Gradient FileUltra Fractal Tutorial: Create a New Gradient File by aartika-fractal-art
This is quickie tutorial for beginners (and maybe for those old timers who've been using Ultra Fractal so long they've forgotten how!) on How to Create a New Gradient File in Ultra Fractal.
At the end of the tutorial you will have a nice set of colourful gradients to choose from for when you're stuck for ideas, and be able to apply them to the Fractal files you are working on.
As your experience with using Ultra Fractal grows you will find that more and more you will create and edit the gradients you are working with "on the hoof", but to start with it's a good idea to have a range of gradients to choose from as you're learning.
It's also useful to know how to save Gradients you've made while working on an image for repeat use at a later time.
Remember the Help file in UF is also very extensive, and will assist you further in creating and editing your Gradients manually.
Gnarl Tutorial Parms for Study Purposes OnlyGnarl Tutorial by GrannyOgg